calcium levels in yeast extract and peptone

Roger Lew planters at YorkU.CA
Mon Jun 29 10:38:04 EST 1998

Hello:

	I am trying to find out the levels of calcium contamination in
Difco peptone and yeast extract. I have only come across two references
(Difco published values for peptone, and Farrell et al. Appl. Environ.
Microbiol. 59:1507 (1993) give values for peptone and yeast extract), but
the values for peptone are different by an order of magnitude. Is there a
definitive reference to elemental analysis of peptone and yeast extract?

			(York - Biology)
			(e-mail: planters at yorku.ca)