cdc25, ilv5 (fwd)

Jim Withee withee at genome.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 4 15:59:47 EST 1998

Hi John,

The CDC25 gene is located on chromosome XII.  There is old genetic
mapping data which places CDC25 on chromosome II but it is incorrect.
Complete sequencing of the yeast genome and complementation of cdc25-5
have placed the CDC25 gene on chromosome XII.  To view a map of the
region of chromosome XII containing CDC25 you can go to SGD at
http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Saccharomyces/.  Click on
"Gene/Seq Resources".  Enter the name "CDC25" in the box titled "Enter a
Name" and click on "Submit Form".  Finally, click on "Chromosomal
Features Map" under the "Display Maps/Tables" menu.

Good Luck,
Jim

 Jim Withee, Ph.D., Database Curator
 Saccharomyces Genome Database
 Stanford University Med. Ctr.
 Department of Genetics
 Stanford, CA 94305-5120 USA
 phone: (650)725-8956  fax: (650)723-7016
 e-mail:   yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu
 WWW:   http://genome-www.stanford.edu/