Yeast one hybrid system

gurumurthy d s gmurthy at tifrvax.tifr.res.in
Mon Nov 9 07:16:11 EST 1998

Dear Yeat netters,

    I need some help with yeast one hybrid system. I have a yeast
protein with homolgy to several DNA binding proteins. I want to check
the DNA binding and sequence specificity of binding for this protein.

    I have seen reports of the use of yeast one hybrid system to
identify DNA binding proteins. But all the reports I saw use this method
to identify proteins which bind to the sequence of their interest. The
sequence is put in upstream of a reporter and an AD-domain fusion
library was screened for expression of the reporter.

    I would like to know if any body has tried this strategy to find the
target DNA sequence for a protein. Please let me know of any source
where I can get more info and reagents.

    Thanks a lot....

    Guru
Gurumurthy D.S.