Expressing 3 proteins in yeast...

Gilles VACHON Gilles.Vachon at ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Mar 3 09:34:20 EST 1999

Hi all,

I am not really familiar with yeast but I am trying to get used to it.
So my question can sound silly to some of you...
Here is a 'small' problem I have to solve.
I have inserted a plant regulatory element in YM4271 (HIS3-, URA3-, TRP1-
and LEU2-) using plasmids pHisi (HIS3 and URA3)  from the Clontech
one-hybrid kit.
I would like to see if and how the expression of three plant proteins
affect the reporter gene expression (HIS) in yeast.
Therefore, I am looking for a non-HIS, non-URA3 vector carrying an
inducible promoter (GAL?). That is a pYES vector but with something else
than URA3.
Ideally, since I may have to express all three plant proteins in the same
cell, that could be nice if the vector would be available in  different
versions, each with a distinct selection marker (TRP, LEU, Zeocin...) (One
can dream...)

Any advice/help is welcome.

Gilles Vachon
Laboratoire de Plastes et de Differenciation Cellulaire
CERMO, 3eme etage
Universite J. Fourier, BP 53X
38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX
FRANCE