lys2 yeast expression plasmid

Scott Vande Pol sbv at po.cwru.edu
Wed Mar 3 12:04:52 EST 1999

Dear colleagues
    I need a yeast expression plasmid with a lys2 selection marker and a
constitutive or gal induced promoter as I have run out of markers in the
strain that I MUST use.  Could anyone out there help me?
    I was also considering an alternative:  the strain I have to use is
ADE2.  I have good plasmids to express genes with an ADE2 marker, but I
would have to make the strain ade2.  I could mate, sporulate etc, but I
was wondering   if I transform with an ade2 gene fragment and plate
onto  YPD plates, is the rate of homologous recombination such that I
would be abe to pick out pink colonies ?
    Your advice is gratefully anticipated!

Scott Vande Pol
sbv at po.cwru.edu