about usage of 4NQO & method of cell cycle arrest in S.pombe

sdpark sdpark at plaza.snu.ac.kr
Thu Mar 4 14:53:48 EST 1999

Hellow!
I would like to know the appropriate dasage of 4NQO
(4-nitroquinoline-1-oxide) for survival test and gene induction in S.
pombe. I'm curious about the buffer or solution for 4NQO dissolution,
too.
In addition, I would like to know the all the possible methods to arrest
cell cycle in S. pombe. As well as the ones to stop the cell cycle at
specific phases, like starvation of nutrients and use of mutants, I
wonder if there is a way to stop or slow down cellular division
randomly.
Thank you.

kminji at hotmail.com