(Fwd) Re: Determination of live yeast

Jaime Finguerut JAIME.CTTI-3.CTTI.CTC at azul.ctc.com.br
Thu Mar 11 17:29:15 EST 1999

Forwarded message:
From:     Self <JAIME.CTTI-3.CTTI.CTC>
To: Ken Hazen <krhazen at aloha.net>, microbio at net.bio.net
Subject: Re: Determination of live yeast
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:33:42 GMT+3

Hello Ken:

Try the ABER Instruments analysers. They have several types of
analysers (for lab and industrial processes):
Aber Instruments LTD
Science Park Aberystwyth, Dyfed SY23 3AH UK
phone: +44 1970 615284 fax +44 1970 615455
jaa at aber.ac.uk
In the USA:
A.Gusmer Co.
phone: 908-272-9400
fax 908-272-8735
mail at gusmer.com
www.agusmer.com

We have one Yeast Monitor here at our lab and it is functioning since
1995 with no problems. We tried also the Lab Yeast Analyser 800 with
the same good results.

Good luck

jaime
------------
> To:            nobody at net.bio.net
> From:          Ken Hazen <krhazen at aloha.net>
> Subject:       Determination of live yeast
> Date:          Sat, 06 Mar 1999 07:59:50 -1000

> Hello,
> I would like to determine how much of a yeast culture is active or
> alive. I am going to conduct a trial to determine the benefits of
> feeding active yeast on animal performance. Not only do I want to learn
> if their is a benefit to feeding yeast to animals, but does it have to
> be active to show the response.  Is there a simple test to determine
> amount of active (live) yeast in a feed grade yeast product?
> Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
> Ken Hazen

Jaime Finguerut (Mr., chem.eng.)
Copersucar
Cx.Postal 162 Piracicaba