Yeast Two Hybrid False Positives

Anita Schwegmann anita at
Fri Oct 1 18:12:10 EST 1999

Hi there "two-hybrid" fellows

I have just screened a cDNA library for proteins that interact with my
bait (a transcription factor). A BLAST search of the DNA sequence
revealed that the interacting protein is an extra-cellular matrix
protein. I find this quite unlikely to occur naturally as an
extra-cellular protein is unlikely to enter the nucleus. Has anyone
else found these extra-cellular proteins to be false positives?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Anita

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at