Secon Annual Meeting on Yeast Molecular Biology

Rich Handy rhandy at healthtech.com
Mon Oct 4 08:54:46 EST 1999

CALL FOR POSTERS

 Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s
………………………………………………………………………………
Second annual
Exploiting Yeast Molecular Biology for Therapeutics
January  20-21 2000
Miami FL

Scientific Advisory Board
Dr. Jef Boeke, Johns Hopkins University
Dr. Tauseef Butt, LifeSensors ,Inc.
Dr. Jasper Rine, University of California at Berkeley

Saccharomyces cerevisiae was the first eukaryotic genome to be completely
sequenced.. In the  four years since the sequence was completed, yeast has
become even more important as a model organism for functional genomics and drug
discovery. The lessons and techniques learned using yeast are paving the way
for future studies as the sequencing of the human genome nears completion. This
meeting will focus on the latest research into yeast functional genomics and
drug discovery, including expression monitoring, protein-protein interactions
using the yeast two-hybrid system, and transgenic yeast as a tool for drug
screening and exploring human gene function.
SESSION TOPICS MAY INCLUDE:
Cross-genome comparisons
Gene expression monitoring
Data analysis and management
Drug screening
Protein-protein interactions
Proteomics
Target identification & validation
Variant yeast strains
Yeast databases
Yeast functional genomics

If you are interested in submitting a poster abstract for this conference,
please send your abstract to our office by the deadline of December 3, 1999

You can send your poster by Fax, (617) 630-1325 or Email, chi at healthtech.com or
by Mail to: Cambridge Healthtech Institute, 1037 Chestnut Street, Newton Upper
Falls, MA 02464.

You can locate full program and related conference information on our web site,
www. healthtech.com or you can contact our office to receive full meeting
details.  PH: (617) 630-1300sFAX: (617) 630-1325sEMAIL: chi at healthtech.com

Cambridge Healthtech Institute
1037 Chestnut Street