Naming of unknown genes from Sequencing Project

Nick Owen nick_owen at
Sun Oct 10 01:24:24 EST 1999

Dear All,

I have been working on a novel protein in S.pombe and am writing up
the paper but I was wondering if I need to sort out its name with
anyone, ie at the Sanger Seqw Project etc. At the moment the protein
has no known function and a hypothetical size but I am giving it a
suitable name for its function I have been looking into.

Any help on the subject is much appreciated

Nick Owen
nicholas.owen at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at