Trehalose content determination

Isabelle Walther walther at
Mon Oct 18 16:26:50 EST 1999

After heat-shock  yeast cells are accumulating the disaccharide trehalose,
we are working on small sample (500-800 ul) and we need to measure several
metabolites with this amount. The samples will be frozen before analysis.
 Does somebody know an easy detection method for trehalose which could be
applied to small samples?  We do not have a HPLC in our lab (if the samples
can be transported we could PERHAPS use the HPLC from another group) but we
have a GC.

Many thanks to all of you

Isabelle Walther
Space biology