how to enhance the DISULPHIDE BOND FORMATION in yeast!

Esbjorn Fiers esfie at
Mon Oct 25 08:18:48 EST 1999

I would certainly direct the protein to the ER and maintain it there by
C-terminal KDEL. You can always try to overexpress PDI in the ER simultaneously.
I don't think it will work in the cytosol because of the reducing potential
there. There is however one publication I read, in which it is stated that
disulphide bonds can be made in the yeast cytosol/nucleus when the yeast is
grown at acid pH. Let me know if you r interested, then I ll check the

Esbjorn Fiers

Public wrote:

> Hi, everyone,
> Recently, we want to express a peptide in yeast. To make the peptide
> work, DISULPHIDE BOND is very important. Then, I wonder whether anyone
> know anything about how to enhance the DISULPHIDE BOND FORMATION in
> yeast. Any reference, website or advice will be highly appreciated.
> Thank you for your concerning.
> Best regards,
> Hengyao Niu
> mailto:liwenbin at

Esbjorn Fiers
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:esfie at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: