pombe->cerevisiae gene conversion table, 2.0

S L Forsburg nospamforsburg at salk.edu
Sun Oct 31 00:41:55 EST 1999

Greetings again.

OUr  list of pombe genes and their cerevisiae homologues
(http://pingu.salk.edu/~forsburg/genetable.html)
has gotten an excellent response.   Thank you to those
who have sent suggestions and corrections.

If people will send me the names of their
favorite pombe genes, what the
products are, and  the name of  cerevisiae sequence
homologue(s), if any, I will add them.  We also want
genes that do not have cerevisiae homologues, so if your
sequence is unique to pombe, let us know that too.  The
focus is predominantly cell cycle-y genes, but I am
happy to add other synonyms as well.

Note that we are listing sequence equivalents, which
are not necessarily functional equivalents.

Eventually, I hope to link these  back to the respective
databases, but in the meantime, the table functions as a
quick cheat sheet for anyone who needs to make the
conversion--so it may be most useful to non-yeast people.

Pass the word!

--
-susan
S L Forsburg, PhD  forsburg at salk.edu