Alternative northern probes

biosci-request at biosci-request at
Mon Sep 13 11:02:41 EST 1999

Hi there!

            I would like to examine the expression levels of
approximately 100 yeast genes using Northern blot analysis.
Before I embark on cloning all of them, could anyone tell me if they
have tried using labelled oligos for this purpose.
I assume for this to work the oligo would have to be rather large.
I would appreciate practical advice or even wise speculation from those
of you out there with more experience.
Thanks a lot!

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at