Dr.J.Gilleard j.gilleard at
Tue Apr 25 05:42:58 EST 2000

>>		University of Glasgow
>>		1 Postdoctoral position
>>		1 Technician
>>		1 PhD position.
>>	Three positions are available (each for three years)to study epidermal
(hypodermal)development in C.elegans. The project will identify and
characterise key transcriptional regulators controlling hypodermal
differentiation. We are also studying  hypodermal development in parasitic
nematodes using C.elegans as a heterologous system to study parasite gene
>>	Candidates for the postdoctoral and technical posts should have a solid
>>background in molecular biology and experience in model organism genetics
would be an advantage.
>>	Candidates for the studentship should have an 1st or upper second class
>>honours degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject.
>>	For further information please contact Dr John Gilleard, Dept. of
>>Veterinary Parasitology, Bearsden Rd., University of Glasgow, G84
1QH.United Kingdom Telephone 0141 330 5604. email: j.gilleard at

Dr John Gilleard B.V.Sc., Ph.D, M.R.C.V.S
Department of Veterinary Parasitology,
University of Glasgow,
Bearsden Rd.,
Glasgow G61 1QH