SLF notmyaddress at
Wed Dec 6 17:42:13 EST 2000

> I have been using the pREP41-GFP vector which gives the insertan
> n-terminal GFP tag. This has worked sucessfully but I cannot find a
> vector map of the plasmid anywhere. Does anyone have a vector map or
> know where I can get one from?

 I suspect there are several versions of these plasmids floating around.
The general map will be similar to REP41 (and REP3, etc:
see for links to maps)
but for the details of the fusion, you'll have to figure out who made it
and how.

We have made a series of tagging vectors of modular design that can be
used to swap tags, plasmid markers, and different strengths of the
nmt promoter .  However the only GFP version we have made
is full-strength nmt.

There is another set with different markers and linkers
from Tony carr and Iain Hagan, which sounds like the one you are using.

Use the one below, replacing AT with @
(this inconvenience is for spam control)
S L Forsburg, PhD  Associate Professor
Molecular Biology and Virology Lab
The Salk Institute, La Jolla CA

Women in Biology Internet Launch Page