Midori Harris midori at
Tue Dec 12 17:12:59 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

SGD has recently received a request to make AXL2 the standard name for
YIL140W. At present, SRO4 is the standard name, and AXL2 and BUD10 are
aliases. All three names have been published, although I have found
only one paper using SRO4. AXL2 and BUD10 appear to be used at roughly
equal frequencies.

Note that no gene names will be added or deleted; the only thing we
may change is which name is designated "standard" in SGD. Please
respond to the SGD curators to say which name you prefer, and why;
also let us know of any other researchers whom we should ask. We look
forward to hearing from you.

 Midori Harris, Ph.D., Database Curator
 Saccharomyces Genome Database
 Stanford University Medical Center
 Department of Genetics
 Stanford, CA 94305-5120 USA
 phone: (650) 725-8956  fax: (650) 723-7016
 e-mail:  yeast-curator at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: