Could be yeast still transformed by DNA after treatment of EMS?

Jason Harger hargerja at UMDNJ.EDU
Thu Feb 3 15:24:54 EST 2000

I would like to mutagenize yeast and screen the mutants that are
resistant to ribosome toxin expressed by a plasmid. I prefer not to put
the plasmid into yeast before treatment of EMS since I will potentially
get a lot plasmid bourne mutants. But I am not sure if yeast after
treatment of EMS could take DNA by LiOAC transformation. Appreciate any

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: