Careers at Proteome, Inc.

Brian P.Davis bpd at
Sat Feb 12 10:19:34 EST 2000

Proteome Inc. is a rapidly growing, dynamic company that is dedicated to
providing high-quality, comprehensively curated databases to the
biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, as well as to the academic
research community.  We work at the forefront of the bioinformation
revolution, integrating genomic data with data from the published
literature.  See our Web site at

Proteome employees work in an energetic and intellectually stimulating
environment.  Our position of Scientific Curator is unique.  We offer
competitive salaries and benefits, and excellent opportunities for
advancement in our expanding company. In addition, Proteome's job options
-- working full
or part time, either on site or remotely via the internet -- offer maximum
personal flexibility.  Proteome Inc. encourages diversity in its workplace
and is an equal opportunity employer.

Job Openings

Scientific Curator:

Proteome, Inc. is seeking full-time and part-time Scientific Curators to
collect and integrate protein information for multispecies databases.
Successful  candidates will have an opportunity to work in a broad range of
topics that is unparalleled in academia or in industry.  Candidates must
have a PhD and specific training or laboratory experience in mammalian,
yeast, fungal or other model systems. Candidates must have excellent
writing skills and demonstrate knowledge of a wide spectrum of topics in
cell biology or related fields.  A strong interest in organizing biological
information is an asset. Opportunities exist for advancement to the
position of Scientific Editor as well as to other positions of
responsibility within Proteome, Inc. Computer skills, including familiarity
with the UNIX environment and with SQL and Perl, are an asset but are not

Please send your CV to:

Human Resources
100 Cummings Center
Suite 435M
Beverly, MA 01915
TEL (978) 922-1643
FAX (978) 922-3971
email: hr at

Brian P. Davis, Ph.D.    Director, Database Development

PROTEOME INC.                        TEL (978) 922-1643

100 Cummings Center                  FAX (978) 922-3971
Suite 435M                       Email bpd at
Beverly, MA 01915	    WWW

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: