Yeast genetics...

Maria C.Costanzo mcc at proteome.com
Sun Feb 20 13:46:39 EST 2000

Dear Blair,

	It's very straightforward to identify proteins involved in S.
cerevisiae sugar metabolism using the Yeast Proteome Database (YPD;
http://www.proteome.com/databases/).  YPD is a database in which
information from the scientific literature about all the proteins encoded
by the S. cerevisiae genome is collected and summarized in a one
page-per-protein format. The YPD Full Search form
(http://www.proteome.com/databases/YPD/YPDsearch-long.html) lets you search
S. cerevisiae proteins by a variety of criteria.  For example, a search for
all proteins with a role in carbohydrate metabolism brings up 227 hits.
>From the search output, you can click on any protein name to go to its
detailed Protein Report.  Hope this is helpful!

Sincerely,
Maria Costanzo
Editor, Fungal Knowledge Systems
Proteome, Inc.

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.			Email mcc at proteome.com
Editor, Fungal Knowledge Systems 		Tel (607) 272-0687
PROTEOME INC.					Fax (607) 272-1979
100 Cummings Center, Suite 435M			Mailing address:
Beverly, MA 01915 				15 Renwick Hgts. Rd.
WWW http://www.proteome.com/			Ithaca, NY 14850

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net