GFP yeast

Alex Grant grant at
Mon Jan 10 19:29:16 EST 2000

Can anybody help me?  I am looking for a yeast strain that constitutively
expresses Green Fluoresent Protein and has the GFP gene inserted in
genomic (not plasmid) DNA.

I wish to do competition experiements between GFP and non-GFP expressing
strains and then use a FACS machine to count the relative proportions of

If you have a strain that is not too sickly that you think might be of
use that would be great.  Thank you very much in advance.

Alex Grant
University of British Columbia

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at