sex on a plate

darren.wells at bbsrc.ac.uk darren.wells at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 07:25:05 EST 2000

Dear All,
I am wanting to combine two Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains of opposite
mating type.  The first has a gene inserted into its genome which I am
intressted in.  The second in a knockout of a different gene which my
supply a good background to test the activity of the inserted gene.
Does anyone have a protocol for bringing these two together.  My
knowledge and experience of yeast is limited so something simple would
be a great help.
The two strains are;
his 3delta1; leu 2delta0; met15delta0; ura 3delta0
and
leu 2-3; leu2-112; deltatrp1; ura3-52

I think that a diploid may be selected via the trp and met autotrophies
Thanks for your help.

nick.cryer at bbsrc.ac.uk

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net