gene disruption with TRP cassette in trp/delta63

fbacha at fbacha at
Mon Jan 24 08:42:45 EST 2000

	I am trying to disrupt a gene in S.cerevisiae using the TRP cassette (RI-RI) in the strain YPH499 which is trp/delta63.  All my colonies were negative
(ie, they did not integrate in my favorite gene!).  Although, I did not check, I suspect that my cassette recombined with the endogenous trp/delta63 allele.  Is it
possible?  An has anyove ever done a KO using a TRP cassette in a trp/delta63 background S. cerevisiae?

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: