secretion of peptides (alpha factor)

Angelika Lehr lehr at
Wed Jul 19 02:58:33 EST 2000

I have just started to work on the overexpression of heterologous
peptides in yeast.

My aim is to construct yeast clones,
1, that are able to  process our peptides efficiently, for they have a
quite complex three-dimensional structure forming several disulfide

2, that allow efficient secretion of the peptide into the culture

Could someone help me with any information on the most appropriate
expression cassette for this purpose.
How about vectors based on the alpha factor gene??? Are they much
superior to the ones containing the invertase secretion signal peptide??

And is there any chance to get the alpha factor expression cassette
besides buying it frome one the specialized companies???

I dearly hope that anyone out there can help me with these thing. Thanks
in advance for your help.

Dr. Angelika Lehr
IPK-Gatersleben (Institute for Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research-
Corrensstraße 3
06466 Gatersleben
Lehr at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see: