Microarrays at YGM2000

Mike Cherry cherry at genome.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 22 15:24:44 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

I have organized and will moderate an informal workshop at YGM2000
entitled The Art and Science of Microarrays. The workshop is scheduled
for Saturday afternoon.  Invited speakers for this workshop include
Joe DeRisi, Gavin Sherlock. Lars Steinmetz, Audrey Gasch and Barak
Cohen.

Our goal is to present interested researchers with an overview of the
development of microarray technologies, the logistics of organizing an
array lab, and practical aspects of experimental design and
execution. We will discuss current and emerging tools for data
acquisition and analysis. Speakers have also been asked to address how
to troubleshoot problems that arise over the course of an array
experiment from laying down the array to clustering the data.

Each speaker will have 15 minutes for their presentation and 3 minutes
for follow-up questions. Presentations will be informal and delivered
via overhead and 35mm projectors. During the final half-hour of the
Workshop, speakers will form a panel and entertain questions.

I am soliciting questions in advance from the Yeast community. The
idea here is to compile a top 10 list of shared concerns to help drive
our post-presentation discussion.  Please e-mail me at
rrose at genome.stanford.edu with specific questions. I will compile and
rank these next week and distribute them to the panel next Friday,
July 29th.

Best wishes to all. See you in Seattle!

Frank

Frank Rosenzweig