Help---Measuring Glycerol concentrations

Roger Lew planters at
Tue Jun 6 12:03:31 EST 2000

Hello: There are kits available for the enzymatic determination of
glycerol. Boehringer-Mannheim sells a kit which we used for measurements
of intracellular glycerol. There may be other kits available from other
vendors as well. Regards, Roger.

On 6 Jun 2000, Cecil H. wrote:

> Hi, Im developing media formulations for yeast fermentation and I would
> like to know is there is a quick and easy  way to measure glycerol
> concentrations other than using HPLC.
> Any help in this area would be much appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: