poly dI-dC

Gurumurthy D S gmurthy at tifr.res.in
Mon Jun 12 04:05:44 EST 2000

Hi

	I need some help with DNA mobility shift expts. I have seen that
one of the components of the reaction mixture is poly dI-dC. I would like
to know a few things about it.

	1. It it a repeat of dI-dC like ICICICICICIC......?
	2. How long is the polymer that is used in expts?
	3. Does the polymer has to be a double stranded or single stranded
	   will do?
	4. Can a polymer synthesized be used directly in the expts or is
  	   there any pretreatments to be done before use?

Any help in these regards will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Gurumurthy

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net