Yeast growth in different sugar solutions

Alex Bakir albakir at
Thu Jun 22 16:42:35 EST 2000

I am trying to investigate the affect of different sugars (a variaty of mono's and di's ) on yeast growth for my A - Level biology coursework. I would be very gratefull for any data or information you may have on this subject, and particularly what form of sugar the respiratory pathway in yeast use's most efficiently (what the enzymes and co -enzymes are best adapted to). I would be thankfull for any info at all on this subject.

Alex                    albakir at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: