yeast expression problems

Younes Bounhar ybounh at
Thu Mar 9 20:42:52 EST 2000

Hi all,

I have cloned  a gene in p424Gal1, which is a yeast vector with regulatable
expression. I have been trying to express this gene for over 10 months
without success whereas other genes work beautifully. I have finally decided
to do a miniprep and check the vector...and SURPRISE: THE VECTOR IS EMPTY...
Do you have any ideas on what the problem is ? and how to solve it, I am as
desperate as one can get.

Younes Bounhar
Lady Davis Institute
& Neurology and Neurosurgery