yeast two hybrid how long for clones to come out?

Koi Yau Lam kokoro at
Fri Mar 17 09:56:05 EST 2000

I am using clontech's two hybrid system
currently doing a high stringency selection ( - AHLT )
have been waiting for 10 days already about 12 clones have surfaced but all are false positives
anybody has any idea how long should I wait usually before I can say that there are no interactions?
PS this is a mini project for undergrads so I don't have time to wait too long hence this posting

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: