Two-hybrid strains

Ricardo Azpiroz razpiroz at
Thu Mar 30 18:27:31 EST 2000

I'm looking for a strain called PJ69-4A, or something similar in the sense
of having a GAL-controlled ADE2 gene. This strain sounds particularly nice
for 2-hybrid screening because most markers are non-reverting. I'm not
really interested in the GAL-HIS3 thing, since I hear it leaks false
positives like crazy, maybe because that his3delta200 is that promoter
deletion that has some basal transcription (?).

Also, if anybody can spare a few molecules of pNKY51 I would greatly
appreciate it.

I'm at a little startup biotech company, trying to figure out what works
best in our hands. Thanks for the help.

Ricardo Azpiroz
Hybrigen, Inc.
Dallas, TX