source for GAL4 antibodies?

philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu
Sun May 14 15:47:14 EST 2000

Alex Brands <abbrands at artsci.wustl.edu> wrote:

> I have been doing some 2-hybrid experiments, and I would like to do
> Western Blot analyses to determine if the fusion proteins are being made.
> To do this I need antibodies to the Gal4BD and Gal4AD.  Clontech sells
> these, but they charge $225 for an amount sufficient to do 10 blots.  This
> seems very expensive compared to other antibodies I have priced.

In addition to the rather high price the BD antibody is less than optimal
(politicaly correct phrase used) - avoid it if you can.
Which vectors do you use for your experiments? At least the fish vector
should contain a tag (e.g. HA).

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Cellular and Molecular Physiology         phone: (203) 785-6835

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net