Fungal Genetics Postion at Exelixis

Jon Margolis margolis at exelixis.com
Thu Oct 5 20:31:03 EST 2000

POSITION AVAILABLE: Group Leader, Fungal Genetics

JOB DESCRIPTION
   You will be responsible for building and developing
   both yeast and filamentous fungal genetics at
   Exelixis. You will work closely with colleagues in
   Genomics, Genetics, and Informatics to implement
   high throughput approaches for rapid target
   identification in a range of programs including
   Mechanism of Action, Oncology, Crop Protection,
   Plant Biotech. In addition you will develop new
   model systems for functional genomics of plant
   pathogens with a goal of identifying new fungicide
   targets and understanding conserved mechanisms
   of host-pathogen interactions.

QUALIFICATIONS:
     Ph.D with minimum 8 years post-graduate experience in yeast genetics
and application of high  throughput approaches to model system genetics.
     Proven ability to successfully lead a research team and work as a team
player with colleagues across a broad range of disciplines.
     Flexibility, excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and
 enthusiasm for new challenges are essential.
    Experience in the biology of  filamentous fungi or plants preferred.

THE COMPANY:
   Exelixis (www.exelixis.com) is a rapidly growing, well-funded
biopharmaceutical
   company whose mission is to identify novel therapeutic targets
   for drug discovery by elucidating the biochemical pathways
   involved in human diseases. Our current research programs are
   focused on metabolic disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, and
   oncology. We use a combination of invertebrate genetics (C.
   elegans and Drosophila), genomics, and vertebrate biology to
   identify key molecules in the pathways contributing to these
   disease states. Exelixis is also committed to developing new
   approaches to the control of agricultural pest species. We are
   applying our core technology in genetics and genomics to the
   discovery of specific targets for crop protection and animal
   health.

TO APPLY:
        Send a cover letter referencing Job#: W00-250 to:
Exelixis, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Department
170 Harbor Way
P.O. Box 511
South San Francisco, CA 94083-0511

Tel: (650) 837-7000
Fax: (650) 837-7226

Applications must include:
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Salary history
List of references
Publication record, if applicable

 Or submit your resume by email: careers at exelixis.com

Email submissions must contain:
Job code(s) in the subject line of the message.
A text (ASCII) version of your CV in the body of the
message(please do not send file attachments).

Principals only. EOE

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net