Subcelluar fractionation of EA hyb 926 cells

katherine foster bs7kmf at bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 05:20:29 EST 2000

Hi everyone,

I'm a final year student at Bath University, reading
Biochemistry. As my final year project, I have to determine
the subcellular localization of XOR, using the above cell
line. So far the protocol, I have been using allows me to
btain the cytosolic, low density and high density
fractions.

However, I have had great difficulty obtaning a purified
plasma membrane fraction using a 38% sucrose cushion. If
anyone has a protocol that is known to work for this cell
line, or any advice, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Katherine Foster
katherine foster
bs7kmf at bath.ac.uk