isolating yeast plasmids

Staci A. Padove spadove at
Thu Oct 26 15:40:44 EST 2000

Hi all!
I am using Clontech's yeast-one hybrid system.  I need a good method for
isolating clean plasmid from yeast (so that I can use it to transform E.
coli).  I have tried Clontech's way, and it just isn't working for me.
Also, can anyone recommend a good method for transforming E. coli with a
yeast plasmid--  chemical or electroporation?
Thank you for your help!
spadove at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at