Yeast Plasmid Isolation w/o E.coli?

Staci A.Padove spadove at
Fri Oct 27 11:42:00 EST 2000

Hi all!
Thank you for all your help with my last question.  I have another...  I'm
very new to yeast genetics, so please excuse me if this is a stupid
question.  Is there a method to isolate plasmid DNA from yeast that does
not require amplification in E.coli?  If so, will my product be too
contaminated with genomic DNA for sequencing?
Thanks again,
spadove at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at