small yeast cells

David Knecht knecht at
Mon Sep 18 09:43:49 EST 2000

I am looking for a mutant yeast that makes small cells to use as a
target for phagocytosis assays. I would like something about half to
a third the size of normal budding yeast.  Can anyone suggest an
appropriate cell line?  Also, does anyone have an RFP (dsRED) vector
that can be expressed in these cells to make them fluorescent?
Thanks- Dave

"Home of the 2000 NCAA Women's Basketball Champions"

Dr. David Knecht
University of Connecticut
75 N. Eagleville Rd.   U-125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125