Yeast Two-Hybrid and Cystine rich Proteins

Nigel Percy nigel.percy at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Sep 25 21:33:25 EST 2000

Hello all,

I have just started working on a project involving yeast two hybrid screening
system and some cystine rich proteins.  One of the possible problems that may
be forseen through the project is "loose cystine" residues interacting between
pairs of proteins, especially when the proteins have been cut down to
determine interacting areas.  I was wondering if there is a method, or a
modification to the yeast two hybrid system, which may mask or stop these
cystines inteacting between the proteins and giving false positives.

I've searched around a bit and have not found any information on this, so I
was wondering if anyone else knew anything

Nigel Percy

--
Nigel Percy, B.Sc (Hons)
Research Assistant