Beta galactosidase assay

chan pickuen pickuen at
Tue Sep 26 23:15:15 EST 2000

I am working with the yeast one hybrid (the kit is from Clontech). I am
trying to construct lacZ reporter yeast strain. I have to screen for
transformants using the beta Galactosidase assay via the colony lift method.
I don't seems to have any positives from test. The positive control from the
kit also does not show any color change. I have tried the protocol from
Current Protocol and also protocol from Clontech. Could it be the low
expression? I intend to use the strain for my screening.

Chan Pickuen
Universiti Putra Malaysia

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at