liquid beta-gal assay

E Wozei wozei at
Wed Apr 25 17:11:58 EST 2001

I am working with the liquid beta-gal assay with ONPG as substrate. I'm also
using SDS+chloroform to destabilize cell walls. I seem to have high beta-gal
activity in my blank (as yellow color development). Has anyone observed the
same. I'd be grateful for any ideas especially as I'm not a microbiologist.

Thanks, Eleanor.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: