GFP in yeast?

fbacha at po-box.mcgill.ca fbacha at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 27 09:18:58 EST 2001

Hi everyone,

	Could anyone give me a simple protocol to look a GFP fusion protein in yeast.  Especially in terms of Staining cells with
DAPI and fixing them.  I tried a couple of times by Staining with DAPI direclty in the medium (2hrs) before fixing the cells (1 h) and my
nucleus seems all screwed up !!!(I see kind or filaments and/or dots, but no clear nucleus).  Is the order for DAPI additionand
Formaldehyde fixation important??    I would be very happy if someone could help since I do not have lots of experience neither with
microscopy nor yeast.  Thanks.

Francois Bachand
fbacha at po-box.mcgill.ca

---