"weak" yeast expression vector

Steve Nothwehr nothwehrs at missouri.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:46:47 EST 2001

Dear yeast community:

I am looking for a CEN yeast expression vector that contains a
promoter followed by a polylinker and (preferably) a transcriptional
terminator.  This would allow a "cDNA" fragment containing just an ORF
and stop codon to be expressed in yeast.

Here's the sticking point: I am looking for moderate, if not weak,
expression.  For example, the GAL1/10, ADH1, TDH3, TPI1 promoters are
all too strong for our needs (greater than 50 copies per cell
according to the "transcriptome" website;
http://web.wi.mit.edu/young/expression/transcriptome2.html).  I would
be looking for a promoter that drives expression more in the range of
5-10 copies per cell.  For example, the ADH3 promoter appears
suitable. Can anyone suggest a vector?  Please reply to my e-mail
address: nothwehrs at missouri.edu.  Thanks!

Steve

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net