Gene disruption

HASHIGUCHI Kazunari kaz at
Fri Feb 2 06:06:56 EST 2001

** note from the YEAST newsgroup moderator
** It is always useful when making a request for help, to provide
** as much details as possible for what you have done and where you
** think you are having a problem. This will allow the experts of this
** group to provide you (preferably via a posting to this group) with
** a directed response with the best possible solution. As always, if
** you have a problem with my commenst or this newsgroup, feel free to
** contact the moderator at: francis at

Dear all,

I am trying to preparate cerevisiae mutants, first time.  Use of
"Direct gene deletion by one-step PCR" method, I want to make
the linear DNA fragments, which is consists of (5' homologus
region - URA3 - 3' homologous region).  But I cannot design the
PCR primers.  Please tell me any attentions in this case.  I want
to use the template DNA, which is URA3 gene on YCp50, as a
making of cassette.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: