codon differences in yeast

Student student at
Thu Feb 8 12:46:59 EST 2001

** comment from the moderator:
** passing this on ... although I have my doubts it should get answerd :)
** francis at

I am a student at lssu and I am working on a test question and I need
some help.  The question is:  What might account for the few cases in
which a codon specifies a different amino acid in certian oganisms such
as yeast? Would you expect these differences to be peculiar to yeasts,
or to be characteristic of other fungi (or other organisms).  Thank you
for the help.  sucram50 at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: