Carbon source screening

Ron Lahav roni at
Thu Jan 4 03:45:25 EST 2001

I was wondering if anyone has had experience using BioLog's micro plates
containing mineral medium and tetrazolium salts for indication of
respiration in the presence of different C sources. I enquired at Biolog
and the only plates they have are for bacteria. Are these plates compatible
for Yeast? A preliminary experiment yielded positive results in the blank
(only water) well as well. Any suggestions on starvation prior to incubation?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ron Lahav
Applied Environmental Microbiology Lab
J. Blaustein Institute for Desert Research
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Sde Boqer Campus, 84990, Israel
Email: ronil at
Fax (972)-7-659-6831