Yeast microplate assay

Bernard Ducommun ducommun at
Fri Jan 12 10:13:39 EST 2001

I am looking for a vital stain (fluorescent or visible) that could be use to
follow Schizosaccharomyces pombe cell growth in a microplate assay.
I cannot use the absorbance at 600nm since I am working with mutants that my

Does anyone could give me some advices and suggestions.

Pr. Bernard DUCOMMUN
LBCMCP - CNRS UMR5088 , Université Paul Sabatier, Bât4R3-B1
118 route de Narbonne, 31062 TOULOUSE Cedex FRANCE

Tél: (33) 5 61 55 81 10                      Fax : (33) 5 61 55 81 09           Email : ducommun at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: