Postdoctoral position: Yeast/Mammalian Subcellular Trafficking

orlows01 at endeavor.med.nyu.edu orlows01 at endeavor.med.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 17 12:19:25 EST 2001

Apply your yeast-based skills to the study of human disease!
Postdoctoral position available for a recent Ph.D. graduate to study the
function and trafficking of mammalian melanosomal membrane proteins in a
yeast expression system. Our laboratory is taking advantage of similarities
between melanosomes and the late endosomal/lysosomal lineage of organelles
to study trafficking and
potential function of proteins involved in mammalian melanosomal biogenesis
in Saccharomyces. Mutations in the genes encoding the proteins we study
cause albinism, a group of genetic disorders resulting in visual defects
and a high incidence of skin malignancies.  Experience with
immunofluorescence or subcellular trafficking in yeast or with functional
screens in yeast is highly desirable.  Our lab is an enjoyable and
collegial place to work. Funding for this position for a 3-4 year term is
in place. Due to nature of funding, the position is only open to US
citizens.
If interested, please send CV and names/contact info of 3 references to:
Seth J. Orlow, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Cell Biology & Dermatology
NYU School of Medicine
560 First Avenue, Room H-100