Kozak sequences and yeast

Dr.Duncan Clark news at rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 13 08:37:00 EST 2001

Hi Folks,

I am having to get involved with yeast expression and am not sure if I
need both an rbs and a kozak sequence. We are planning to use the
Invitrogen vector pYC6/CT but need to ensure that our gene starts with
it's own ATG. The vector only has a GAL1 promoter so we presume we must
design in the kozak sequence. Do we therefore need another rbs? I'm so
used to expression in E.coli that I need to touch base on yeast.

Many thanks

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark