Replicating 96 well plates

Steve Nothwehr nothwehrs at
Wed Jul 25 17:21:20 EST 2001

We are gearing up to purchase a collection of ~ 6000 yeast clones.  The
clones are supposed to arrive as frozen stocks in 96 well plates.   We would
like to generate several replicas of the collection that we would then store
as frozen stocks - basically as backups of the collection.  We have robots
available to us for this purpose - a Biomek 1000 and a Tecan Genesis.  Does
anyone have any advice on how best to do this or a protocol that they could
share?  Thanks a lot for your help.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: