Background info on yeast transformation

Cathy Slack cathy.slack at
Fri Jun 29 05:30:55 EST 2001

I have recently started working with yeast and was wondering if there is
somewhere I can all the background info on yeast transformations. The
stuff i am looking for is:

Salmon sperm acts as a carrier...but how and what happens to it after
the transformation?

What does the PEG do??

What does DMSO do??

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: